Half of motorcycle crashes are the fault of the OTHER DRIVER.
Now you know some of the risks motorcycles face, as a car or truck driver, or even as a passenger, YOU can certainly be socially responsible and help keep motorcyclists safe.
Most collisions with motorcycles happen at intersections!
Whether you are turning left, or the motorcycle is turning left, be cautious and alert at all times.
- Never share a lane with a motorcycle
- Allow at least three seconds of following distance when you are behind a motorcycle.
- Allow space when you pass a motorcycle. Your vehicle may throw dirt or water in the rider’s face.
- Remember to communicate with other road users using turn signals and eye contact.
- Read vehicle language — don’t assume that a rider in the left part of the lane is planning to turn left.