The Importance of Full Gear
REMEMBER: Whether on road or off road, safety gear is all you have to protect you in the event of a crash! Motorsports all have their own special safety gear.
YOU ARE IN CHARGE: HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
BC law require a helmet that meets at least one of the following industry safety standards:
- Snell Memorial Foundation (Snell),
- UN Economic Commission for Europe (ECE), or
- US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (DOT)
3) . Wear high-visibility clothes, including a light coloured or neon helmet with reflective tape.
The majority of multi-vehicle motorcycle crashes happen at intersections.
A white/bright helmet and reflective vest can significantly reduce the likelihood of a crash.
4) . Don’t ride a model of motorcycle that is powerful beyond your skills.
This model is similar to the one Corey died on. His bike also had after-market enhancements that further increased the performance.